The Dubai SandStorms Ice Hockey League is a non-profit organization established in 1993.
All operations are run by dedicated volunteers and parents.
Our Goals are to:
- Develop players in the United Arab Emirates
- Provide different types of programs for varying age and skill levels-Provide a positive training experience that focuses on hockey and life skills
- Promote hockey within the United Arab Emirates
- Emphasizes good hockey skills along with good sponsorship, positive attitudes, personal commitment and respect.
- Attracts more than 180 players, both girls and boys, annually and is growing in popularity.
- Caters to players ages 4-18 within six divisions: Tyke, Novice, Atom, PeeWee, Bantam and Midget.
Our players come from a wide range of nationalities including Swedish, Finnish, British, Canadian, American, Italian, Australia, Lebanese, South African, German, French, Belgian and more.
Our home ice rink is Al Nasr Leisureland with weekly games played at Dubai Mall. Practices and games are held twice a week.
The Dubai SandStorms Ice Hockey League hosts 2 annual tournaments attracting teams from across the Middle East including: Saudi Arabia, Al Ain and Abu Dhabi. We also participate in local tournaments in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
The Dubai SandStorms have sent teams to compete in tournaments in Switzerland, Latvia, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Sweden, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, France and Canada.
In 2008 the Dubai SandStorms were the first team from the Middle East to compete in the world famous Quebec City PeeWee hockey tournament in Canada. The team attracted considerable media attention.